Public Notices - September 8, 2012
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 6:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Payne’s 1614 Realty, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 111. Appeal of a Notice of Violation from the Building Official dated August 2, 2012.
2. Taylor, Alexander and Karan. Plat 15, Lot 30-1. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 113 (B)(1) and113(B)(4) and a Variance from 113(B)(1) to construct an addition to one of the dwellings and to convert the three accessory buildings to two accessory residential structures.
3. Brouillard, James. Plat 6, Lot 31. Application by John Spier for a Variance from Section 313 (C) for construction of a shed.
of hearings on applications for Historic District Commission.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Historic District Commission will be in session at the Town Hall on Monday, September 17, 2012 at 7:00pm for its regular monthly meeting. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following application:
1. Estate of David K. Harrison. Plat 18, Lot 6-1. Public Hearing for an Application to establish this property as an Historic District Zone pursuant to New Shoreham General Ordinances Chapter 7 Historical Preservation Section 3(B).
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted 08/29/2012 tlc
September 11, 2012
Democrat and Republican Primary Elections
Polls will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Vote for Democrat or Republican candidates for Senator in Congress, Representative in Congress, Senator in General Assembly and Representative in General Assembly. Bring your ID!
Also, absentee ballot applications for the November 6, 2012 Presidential Election are available at Town Hall and from the Secretary of State’s website: http://sos.ri.gov/documents/elections.
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
1. Ernst, James and Wendy and Weber, Heidi Ernst Trust, Ernst James and Michael. Plat 9, Lots 93-1, 93-4 and 93-5. Decision for an Application for a Major Subdivision off Payne Road.
2. Millikin, Margaret, Trust. Plat 8, Lot 194. Decision for an Application for a Minor Subdivision of property off Pilot Hill Road.
3. Rondinone, James and Linda. Plat 18, Lot 24-11. Request for a mylar to be signed off as subdivision is not required.
4. Phillips, Edward and Dawn. Plat 8, Lots 13-1 & 13-2. Application for an Administrative Subdivision to adjust property lines between the lots.
5. Brown, Carol. Plat 18, Lot 18. Preliminary Plan Stage for an Application for a Minor Subdivision of property off Beacon Hill Road. ( No Public Hearing is required)
6. Discussion regarding amendments to Zoning Ordinance Section 405 and other affordable housing sections. Discussion with the Block Island Housing Board.
7. Discussion regarding potential amendments to the Zoning Ordinance to allow reduced yard setbacks for sheds.
8. Review previously approved project Plat 6, Lot 90 Old Harbor Meadows and Block Island Economic Development Foundation.
9. Approval of Minutes
THE PLANNING BOARD'S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:30 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 9/4/12