Public Notices - September 29, 2012
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Monday, October 1, 2012
- Continued from September 4, 2012: Public Hearing re: Games Public Hearings re Games and amusements
- Proposed Amendment to New Shoreham’s Revised General Ordinances Chapter 8 Licenses and Business Regulations, Article II. Amusements (to delete Article II in its entirety and replace it with a new section to regulate the licensing of game rooms, gaming devices and table games)
- Proposed Amendment to New Shoreham's Zoning Ordinances to adopt a new Section 516 “Gaming Devices” and to amend Section 111 “General Prohibitions,” Section 202 “Definitions,” Section 311 “Old Harbor Commercial Zone (OHC Zone),” Section 312 “New Harbor Commercial Zone (NHC Zone),” and Section 313 “Service Commercial Zone (SC Zone)” to establish Zoning regulations for game rooms
- Receive and act on Planning Board recommendation re: Zoning amendment for Small Accessory Buildings Setbacks
- Receive and act on Shellfish Commission letter re: enforcement of shellfish ordinance by Shellfish Commissioners
- Tabled item: Policy for Town service contract renewals
- Boards, Committees and Commissions:
• Announce current Board, Committee, & Commission opening
- Correspondence: Charles and Joan Hayes re: Zoning Modification request; D. Gilpin re: naming of area “in front of the National Hotel”; D.T. Olsen re: trees and views etc.
- Minutes: September 13, 2012; September 19, 2012 (open and closed)
- Review upcoming Town Council meeting schedule
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555. Posted: Sept. 27, 2012 mm
Town of New Shoreham is seeking Separate sealed PROPOSALS for the: OPERATION and MANAGEMENT of the FOOD and BEVERAGE CONCESSION at the FREDERICK BENSON TOWN BEACH will be received by the Town Manager until 2:00 pm on October 19, 2012 and at that time will be opened and read in public.
Specifications may be obtained from the town’s website; new-shoreham.com or by contacting the office of the Town Manager at: email@example.com or by calling: (401) 466-3213.
All Proposals must be submitted and clearly marked: “Operation and Management of the Food and Beverage Concession at Fred Benson Town Beach”
Proposals must be submitted in an enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to:
Nancy O. Dodge, Town Manager
P.O. Drawer 220
Block Island, RI 02807
No Proposal may be withdrawn within sixty (60) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Proposal.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Proposal, waive any informalities in the Proposals received, and to accept the Proposal deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Proposal opening.
Date: September 26, 2012
Nancy O. Dodge
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Hayes, Charles & Joan. Plat 4, Lot 41. Zoning Modification request is to construct a new twelve foot by sixteen foot (12’x 16’) storage shed thirty seven and six inches (37’6”) from the northern property line of Lot 41. A fifty foot (50’) setback from all property lines in the Residential A (RA) Zoning District is required. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by 22 October 2012 the Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
TOWN OF NEW SHOREHAM
The New Shoreham Town Council will conduct a public hearing on October 17, 2012, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the New Shoreham Town Hall, 16 Old Town Road, Block Island, Rhode Island on the following proposed amendment to the New Shoreham Revised Ordinances. All persons interested in the proposed amendment shall be given the opportunity to be heard.
The following proposed amendment is under consideration and may be adopted and/or altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the public hearing. The proposed amendment together with the proposed New Shoreham Revised Code of Ordinances is available for review at the Island Free Library and the Town’s Clerk’s Office during normal business hours.
Sec. 2-203 Pursuant to Sec. 2-202 of the New Shoreham Revised Ordinances and section 408(F) of the Charter, the town council adopts a complete codification of ordinances to be known as “The Revised Ordinances of the Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island 2012.” The Revised Ordinances of the Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island 2012 (excluding ordinances and amendments adopted after January 1, 2012) is available at the town clerk’s office for inspection by the public. The complete codification shall be published together with the text of the Charter of New Shoreham of 1672, the text of the Home Rule Charter of the town and all amendments thereto, and all special acts which pertain to the town. The complete codification shall be available to the public through the town’s website.
Sec. 2-204. Ordinances and amendments to ordinances adopted after January 1, 2012 shall be deemed to be incorporated in The Revised Ordinances of the Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island 2012.
Sec. 2-205. Additions or amendments to The Revised Ordinances of the Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island 2012 shall be deemed to be incorporated in The Revised Ordinances of the Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island 2012, so that reference to The Revised Ordinances of the Town of New Shoreham, Rhode Island 2012 shall include additions and amendments.
Sec. 2-206. This Ordinance shall take effect upon passage.
Before acting on the foregoing, the New Shoreham Town Council will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. at the Block Island Town Hall, Old Town Road, at which time all persons for or against may be heard.
Attest: Fiona Fitzpatrick, CMC
Effective immediately, SHELLFISH LICENSES will be available for purchase at the Harbormaster’s office in the Town Hall during the following hours:
MONDAY – FRIDAY 10AM – 1PM
THERE WILL BE NO LICENSE SALES ON SATURDAYS OR SUNDAYS