Public Notices - March 3, 2012
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Monday, March 5, 2012
- Public Hearing Proposed Amendments to the TNS General Ordinances Chapter 19, Utilities, Article VII Wastewater Management
- Receive and act on Annual Report from the Office of Wastewater Management
- Act on deer and pheasant hunting dates and regulations for the 2012/2013 hunting season
- Act on proposal for deer hunting on Black Rock/Rodman’s Hollow parcel (plat 12 lot 13) for the period of January 22 through February 15, 2013 EXCLUDING weekends and legal holidays.
- Receive and act on letter from Electric Utilities Task Group re: Distribution system upgrade, PACE legislation, BIPCo acquisition strategies.
- Act on letters from Dorothy Greenlee and TNS Harbormaster re: mooring transfer request
- Act on revised Heinz Field Management Plan
- Receive and act on Shellfish Commission recommendations re: soft shell clam closure, seasonal closure program, and restriction on scallop harvesting
- Boards, Committees and Commissions:
• Receive Rev. D. Barker resignation letter from BI Housing Board
• Act on appointments: Harbors Committee, Library Board of Trustees, and Motor Vehicle for Hire Committee
• Announce current Board, Committee and Commission openings
10. Act to adopt a position on pending House bills: H7617, H7618, H7619, H7620 re: unresolved issues and arbitration of teachers, fire fighters, police officers, municipal employee contracts
11. Receive and act on letter from Narragansett Council Boy Scouts of America re: Special Temporary permit for portable restrooms at the Boy Scout Camp, Connecticut Ave.
12. Act on TNS Board of Tax Assessors letter re: Property Roll abatements
13. Correspondence: Interstate Navigation re: summer 2012 fast ferry service; BI Land Trust re: Spring House Pump House replica
14. Minutes: February 15, 2012 open and closed session
15. Review Town Council meeting schedule and announce FY13 budget meetings schedule
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555. Posted
NEW SHOREHAM SEWER COMMISSION
Position Title: Wastewater Operator I
Supervisor: Sewer Superintendent
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00/hour - 40 hours per week - Family benefits
High School Diploma or GED and valid driver's license required. Position requires
strenuous physical dexterity. Applicant must obtain a Grade 1 Rhode Island Wastewater
license within one (1) year of employment. Responsible for proper operation and
maintenance of pumping stations and treatment plant and to assist in delivery of efficient
sewer services for the New Shoreham Sewer Commission on Block Island. Applications
are available from the Town Manager's Office (401) 466-3213 and Sewer
Superintendent's Office (401) 466-3231. Housing may be available. Resumes and inquiries can also be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled. EOE
Ocean Avenue (Tax Assessor’s Plat 6, Lot 5 and Lot 6)
New Shoreham, Rhode Island.
The premises described in the mortgage will be sold subject to all encumbrances and prior liens on March 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm on the premises, by virtue of the power of sale in said mortgage made and executed by Nicholas A. dePetrillo on August 24, 2005 and recorded in Volume 347 at Page 66 of the Land Evidence Records of the Town of New Shoreham and amended by that certain Amended Mortgage Deed made and executed by said Nicholas A. dePetrillo on January 14, 2011 and recorded in Volume 429 at Page 7 of said Land Evidence Records, the conditions of said mortgage having been broken.
Terms of sale: Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) down payment in cash, certified or bank check at the time and place of sale; other terms to be announced at the sale. By order of the holder of the mortgage who gives notice of his intention to bid at said sale or any postponement or adjournment thereof.
James F. Hyman, Esquire,
Attorney for the Holder of the Mortgage,
11 Memorial Boulevard
Newport, Rhode Island 02840
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, March 5, 2012, 2:45 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
2:45 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Fresh Pond mowing update
b. Heinz Field: Recreation Board request to apply herbicide
3. Review Rules and Regulations
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Secretary’s Report
6. Approval of Minutes: February 13, 2012 (open and closed)
7. 3:15 PM (approximate time) – Closed Session: Litigation & Acquisitions*
8. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, April 9, 2012
This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RI GL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P. and Champlin’s Partnership Inquiry), and RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: February 29, 2012
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
TOWN OF NEW SHOREHAM REQUEST For Bid Proposals- FULL REVALUATION SERVICES. Specifications available at Town Manager’s Office, P.O. Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807, (401) 466-3210 or by email email@example.com or through the Town’s website at new-shoreham.com. Bids are due March 30, 2012 at 2:00 pm and then opened and read aloud. The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any and all bids or to waive any informality in the bidding.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked: (Sealed Bid): FULL REVALUATION SERVICES
Bids must be enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to: Town Manager
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401) 466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening. TTY: 711
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Block Island Housing Board. Plat 19 Lot 42-3 Zoning Modification Request is to locate a new Single Family Dwelling forty six (46) feet from the western property line of Lot 42-3. A fifty (50) foot setback from all property lines is required in the Residential A (RA) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by March 6, 2012, the Zoning Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Block Island Housing Board. Plat 19 Lot 42-2 Zoning Modification Request is to locate a new Single Family Dwelling forty six (46) feet from the western property line and forty nine (49) feet from the northerly property line of Lot 42-2. A fifty (50) foot setback from all property lines is required in the Residential A (RA) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by March 6, 2012, the Zoning Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham