Public Notices - March 17, 2012
Not a legal posting: agenda be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
- Review current information about proposed 13% tax on rental housing and formulate a position and/or resolution to be transferred to our State representatives
- Receive and act on Town Solicitors report regarding transfer of Cooneymus Road to the town
- Review and act on Fire Department letter re: Authority Having Jurisdiction
- Receive and act on NSPD monthly report: February
- Receive and act on Motor Vehicle for Hire letter re: D. Riordan Limousine License application
- Receive and act on Rustic Rides Farm, Inc. letter re: use of Town roads
- Request to Land Trust for monetary contribution to organic fertilizer at Heinz Field
- Boards, Committees and Commissions:
• Act on appointments: Block Island Tourism Council
• Announce current Board, Committee and Commission openings
- Receive and review proposed FY13 Budget
10. Review Town Council meeting schedule and announce FY13 budget meetings schedule
11. Minutes: March 7, 2012
12. Block Island Land Trust request to issue bonds for land acquisition (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(5) for sessions pertaining to acquisition of property for public purposes)
13. Update on contract negotiations (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
14. Triangle and Transfer Station Litigation (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555. Posted 3/14/2012 (Blr)
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, March 19, 2012
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of January 23, 2012 and February 19, 2012
D. Sign Applications:
- 1. Blue Dory Resorts Inc. Plat 6, Lot 140. Application by Kaylan Transue of Lila Delman Real Estate to install a new sign.
- 2. Coastal Resorts Holdings. Plat 6, Lot 117-2. Application by Julie Fuller of National Hotel to install a new sign.
E. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
1. Settlers Rock Realty L.L.C. Plat 6, Lot 155. Application by Gabrielle Costanzo of Inn at Old Harbor to install an awning.
F. New Business
1. Review standards for registering and regulating historic cemeteries.
G. Secretary’s Report
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 03/14/2012 tlc
Information for Voters
Voting in the Republican and Democrat Presidential Preference Primary (PPP) will be from NOON through 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at Town Hall. Voters will be able to elect either Republican or Democrat Party presidential candidates and convention delegates. Voters must be registered by March 24. You may register to vote at the Police Station on Beach Avenue between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 pm on Saturday, March 24, or before then at the Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Absentee ballot applications for the PPP are available and MUST be returned to Town Hall by April 3, 2012. Get your application from Town Hall or the internet: http://sos.ri.gov/elections/ppp/
Voters are now required to bring ID to the polls! Bring your valid driver’s license, state-issued nondriver ID, school or military ID, passport, social security card or birth certificate. Voter ID’s will be issued at Town Hall on April 19 from 12:30 to 2:00 pm for anyone who does not have another form of ID. Call your Board of Canvassers at 466-3200 if you have questions about any of these matters.
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
- 1. Morrissey, J and B. Plat 7, Lot 73-1. Appeal by Herman Hassinger regarding the failure to issue a decision by the Historic District Commission.
- 2. Phillips, Jr. Edward and Anderson, Mary. Plat 15 Lot 80. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(C) and 306 (C) for construction of an addition onto an existing single family dwelling.
- 3. Geer Trust, Robert Geer, Trustee. Plat 7, Lot 137. Application for a Variance from 307(C) for construction of a shed.
NEW SHOREHAM SEWER COMMISSION
Position Title: Wastewater Operator I
Supervisor: Sewer Superintendent
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00/hour - 40 hours per week - Family benefits
High School Diploma or GED and valid driver's license required. Position requires
strenuous physical dexterity. Applicant must obtain a Grade 1 Rhode Island Wastewater
license within one (1) year of employment. Responsible for proper operation and
maintenance of pumping stations and treatment plant and to assist in delivery of efficient
sewer services for the New Shoreham Sewer Commission on Block Island. Applications
are available from the Town Manager's Office (401) 466-3213 and Sewer
Superintendent's Office (401) 466-3231. Housing may be available. Resumes and inquiries can also be sent to: email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. EOE
Ocean Avenue (Tax Assessor’s Plat 6, Lot 5 and Lot 6)
New Shoreham, Rhode Island.
The premises described in the mortgage will be sold subject to all encumbrances and prior liens on March 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm on the premises, by virtue of the power of sale in said mortgage made and executed by Nicholas A. dePetrillo on August 24, 2005 and recorded in Volume 347 at Page 66 of the Land Evidence Records of the Town of New Shoreham and amended by that certain Amended Mortgage Deed made and executed by said Nicholas A. dePetrillo on January 14, 2011 and recorded in Volume 429 at Page 7 of said Land Evidence Records, the conditions of said mortgage having been broken.
Terms of sale: Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) down payment in cash, certified or bank check at the time and place of sale; other terms to be announced at the sale. By order of the holder of the mortgage who gives notice of his intention to bid at said sale or any postponement or adjournment thereof.
James F. Hyman, Esquire,
Attorney for the Holder of the Mortgage,
11 Memorial Boulevard
Newport, Rhode Island 02840
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
TOWN OF NEW SHOREHAM REQUEST For Bid Proposals- FULL REVALUATION SERVICES. Specifications available at Town Manager’s Office, P.O. Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807, (401) 466-3210 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Town’s website at new-shoreham.com. Bids are due March 30, 2012 at 2:00 pm and then opened and read aloud. The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any and all bids or to waive any informality in the bidding.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked: (Sealed Bid): FULL REVALUATION SERVICES
Bids must be enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to: Town Manager
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401) 466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening. TTY: 711