Public Notices - March 10, 2012
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
4:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 4:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
- 1. Payne’s Harbor View Inn. Plat 5, Lot 111. Decision for an Application for a Modification to a previously approved Development Plan Review application.
- 2. Block Island Power Company Inc. and the Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lots 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Public Hearing for Application by Block Island Transmission, LLC for Deepwater Wind for Development Plan Review for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property. Continued from the January meeting.
- 3. Ernst, James and Wendy and Weber, Heidi Ernst Trust, Ernst James and Michael. Plat 9, Lots 93-1, 93-4 and 93-5. Application for a Major Subdivision off Payne Road. Approve or deny the waiver requests and set the public hearing.
- 4. McCollam Properties, LLC. Plat 3, Lot 1. Request for a mylar to be signed off as subdivision is not required.
- 5. Penn, William J. Rev Living Trust. Plat 18, Lot 66. Advisory to the Town Council on an Application to amend the Zoning Map to include Plat 18, Lot 66 in the Historic District Overlay.
- 6. Sun Farm Oysters. Advisory to the Town Manager for an Application by Chris Warfel to place a structure in the Great Salt Pond.
- 7. Discussion regarding amendments to Zoning Ordinance Section 405 and other affordable housing sections.
- 8. Report on moving the Old Harbor Task Force from a subcommittee to a full committee.
- 9. Review previously approved project Plat 6, Lot 90 Old Harbor Meadows and Block Island Economic Development Foundation.
- 10. Review and accept the draft Block Island Energy Plan- Set the Public Hearing date
- 11. Approval of Minutes
THE PLANNING BOARD'S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 7:00 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 3/8/12
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
- 1. Morrissey, J and B. Plat 7, Lot 73-1. Appeal by Herman Hassinger regarding the failure to issue a decision by the Historic District Commission.
- 2. Phillips, Jr. Edward and Anderson, Mary. Plat 15 Lot 80. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(C) and 306 (C) for construction of an addition onto an existing single family dwelling.
- 3. Geer Trust, Robert Geer, Trustee. Plat 7, Lot 137. Application for a Variance from 307(C) for construction of a shed.
NEW SHOREHAM SEWER COMMISSION
Position Title: Wastewater Operator I
Supervisor: Sewer Superintendent
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00/hour - 40 hours per week - Family benefits
High School Diploma or GED and valid driver's license required. Position requires
strenuous physical dexterity. Applicant must obtain a Grade 1 Rhode Island Wastewater
license within one (1) year of employment. Responsible for proper operation and
maintenance of pumping stations and treatment plant and to assist in delivery of efficient
sewer services for the New Shoreham Sewer Commission on Block Island. Applications
are available from the Town Manager's Office (401) 466-3213 and Sewer
Superintendent's Office (401) 466-3231. Housing may be available. Resumes and inquiries can also be sent to: email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. EOE
Ocean Avenue (Tax Assessor’s Plat 6, Lot 5 and Lot 6)
New Shoreham, Rhode Island.
The premises described in the mortgage will be sold subject to all encumbrances and prior liens on March 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm on the premises, by virtue of the power of sale in said mortgage made and executed by Nicholas A. dePetrillo on August 24, 2005 and recorded in Volume 347 at Page 66 of the Land Evidence Records of the Town of New Shoreham and amended by that certain Amended Mortgage Deed made and executed by said Nicholas A. dePetrillo on January 14, 2011 and recorded in Volume 429 at Page 7 of said Land Evidence Records, the conditions of said mortgage having been broken.
Terms of sale: Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) down payment in cash, certified or bank check at the time and place of sale; other terms to be announced at the sale. By order of the holder of the mortgage who gives notice of his intention to bid at said sale or any postponement or adjournment thereof.
James F. Hyman, Esquire,
Attorney for the Holder of the Mortgage,
11 Memorial Boulevard
Newport, Rhode Island 02840
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
TOWN OF NEW SHOREHAM REQUEST For Bid Proposals- FULL REVALUATION SERVICES. Specifications available at Town Manager’s Office, P.O. Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807, (401) 466-3210 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Town’s website at new-shoreham.com. Bids are due March 30, 2012 at 2:00 pm and then opened and read aloud. The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any and all bids or to waive any informality in the bidding.
All Bids must be submitted and clearly marked: (Sealed Bid): FULL REVALUATION SERVICES
Bids must be enclosed in an opaque envelope addressed to: Town Manager
No Bidder may withdraw his Bid within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bid.
The Town of New Shoreham reserves the right to reject any/all Bids, waive any informalities in the Bids received and to accept the Bid deemed most favorable to the interest of the Town of New Shoreham.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401) 466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening. TTY: 711