Public Notices - June 9, 2012
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
7:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
1. Abrams, Justin. Plat 7, Lots 33 and 36. Application for an Administrative Subdivision of property off Spring Street and High Street.
2. Starr, C. Champlin. Plat 5, Lots 106 and 113. Application for an Administrative Subdivision of property off Beach Avenue.
3. Millikin, Margaret. Plat 8, Lot 194. Pre-Application for a Minor Subdivision of property off Pilot Hill Road.
4. Andiamo Zeke, LLC, Aldo. Plat 6, Lot 89. Act on a recommendation to the Town Council regarding an Application by Aldo Leone to amend the Zoning Ordinance to allow eight electronic or arcade games in the Old Harbor Commercial Zone.
5. Discussion: proposed state legislation on buildable lot area and density ("dry lands" bill)
6. Discussion regarding amendments to Zoning Ordinance Section 405 and other affordable housing sections.
7. Discussion regarding potential amendments to the Zoning Ordinance to allow reduced yard setbacks for sheds.
8. Review previously approved project Plat 6, Lot 90 Old Harbor Meadows and Block Island Economic Development Foundation.
9. Approval of Minutes
THE PLANNING BOARD'S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:30 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 6/6/12
THE NEW SHOREHAM WATER AND SEWER COMMISSION
8:30 AM • MONDAY • JUNE 11, 2012
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
1. Consideration of Amending the Job Description for the Water and Sewer District Clerk.
3. Consideration of a Personnel Policy for Employees.
Respectfully Submitted, Janet Ziegler
Posted: June 5, 2012
New Application for Beverage (Liquor) License
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Chapter 2013 of the Public Laws of Rhode Island, approved in April 1956 as amended, that the following applications for Beverage Licenses have been made to the New Shoreham Town Clerk as follows:
Class BV License
• ULBE, Inc., Stockholders: Lorraine Y. Cyr, Trustee of Ulric E. Cyr Family Trust and Trustee of Beatrice Eva Cyr Living Trust d/b/a The Surf Hotel, Dodge Street, Plat 6, Lots 138, 141, 142 & 143
Before acting on the foregoing applications, the Board of License Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall, Old Town Road, at which time remonstrants are entitled to be heard before the granting of said licenses.
Attest: Millicent A McGinnes, CMC
Deputy Town Clerk
New Shoreham Board of License Commissioners
ANNUAL FINANCIAL MEETINGS
June 18, 2012 MONDAY
FISCAL YEAR 2012 BUDGETS
New Shoreham Water District 4:30PM
New Shoreham Sewer District 5:00PM
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island RI
COPIES OF BUDGETS ARE AVAILABLE AT TOWN HALL (Old Town Road),
ISLAND FREE LIBRARY (Dodge Street) and SEWER/WATER OFFICE (Spring Street)
DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS,
or by request at NSSC@new-shoreham or (401) 466-3231.
The New Shoreham Sewer and Water Districts are equal opportunity providers and employers
Posted: May 22, 2012