Public Notices - June 16, 2012
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Town of New Shoreham. Plat 19, Lot 1. Application for a Special Use Permit under 312 (E) and 410 Recreational Facility for construction of a picnic shelter and bathrooms.
2. 1870, LLC. Plat 14, Lot 30. Application by Joseph Lipscomb for a Variance from Sections 306(C) and 511 (A)(2) for the conversion of an existing accessory structure to an Accessory Residential Structure.
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, May 21, 2012, approved the posting of the following policies for the required 30-day period prior to adoption:
FBF: Graduation Requirements
GM: School Wellness
HIA: Student Activities Advisors
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school’s web site (blockislandschool.net).
Notice to Candidates
Declaration for Candidacy papers may be filed June 25, 26 and 27, 2012. Candidates for federal office and independent presidential electors file with the Secretary of State’s Elections Division. Candidates for general assembly, local offices, district committees and local committees file with New Shoreham Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall, Old Town Road, between 9:00 and 4:00. Declaration papers are available from the Town Clerk’s Office (401) 466-3200 or the RI Secretary of State’s website: sec.state.ri.us
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, June 18, 2012
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes
D. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
1. Town of New Shoreham. Plat 6, Lot 118. Application by Nancy Dodge of the Island Free Library for installation of a retaining wall.
2. Island Enterprises, Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Application by Glen S. Fontecchio for renovation of barn structure.
3. John S. Cusick. Plat 6, Lot 121. Application by North Atlantic Builders for construction of garage/apartment.
E. Sign Applications:
1. Traz Capital Partners LLC. Plat 6, Lot 99. Application by Glenda Luck of Gustave White Sotheby’s International Realty Sign to install replacement signs.
2. Overlook Realty LLC. Plat 19, Lot 3. Application by Danielle Duffy of Elevation Studio to install new signs.
3. Empire Productions, Inc. Plat 6, Lot 98. Application by Sean Dugan of Block Market to install replacement sign.
F. New Business
1. Review and Act on Sign Application Form
2. Establish Solar Panel Guidelines
G. Secretary’s Report
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 06/13/2012 tlc
NEW SHOREHAM SEWER AND WATER COMMISSION
5:30 PM • MONDAY • June 18, 2012
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
JOINT WATER and SEWER DISTRICT
1. Request to Temporarily Deactivate Sewer Account Plat 5 Lot 73-1 and Return Funds.
2. Act on Personnel Policy for Employees.
3. Water Financials: Aging Report and Payment Plans.
4. Water Operations Report.
5. Posting for Sewer Superintendent Position.
6. Sewer Financials: Aging Report and Payment Plans.
7. Sewer Operations Report.
Announcements and Open Forum.
Posted: June 11, 2012, Amended June 11, 2012
Individuals requesting services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. ALD (Assistive Listening Devices) are available for use by the public. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender and familial status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).”
The New Shoreham Sewer and Water Districts are an equal opportunity provider and employer.
New Application for Beverage (Liquor) License
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Chapter 2013 of the Public Laws of Rhode Island, approved in April 1956 as amended, that the following applications for Beverage Licenses have been made to the New Shoreham Town Clerk as follows:
Class BV License
• ULBE, Inc., Stockholders: Lorraine Y. Cyr, Trustee of Ulric E. Cyr Family Trust and Trustee of Beatrice Eva Cyr Living Trust d/b/a The Surf Hotel, Dodge Street, Plat 6, Lots 138, 141, 142 & 143
Before acting on the foregoing applications, the Board of License Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall, Old Town Road, at which time remonstrants are entitled to be heard before the granting of said licenses.
Attest: Millicent A McGinnes, CMC
Deputy Town Clerk
New Shoreham Board of License Commissioners
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Board of License Commissioners Public Hearing: Application for new BV Liquor License for ULBE, Inc., Stockholders: Lorraine Y. Cyr, Trustee of Ulric E. Cyr Family Trust and Trustee of Beatrice Eva Cyr Living Trust d/b/a The Surf Hotel, Dodge Street, Plat 6, Lots 138, 141, 142 & 143
- Town Manager report on Plat 6 Lot146 re: erosion and public safety at the “Surf corner” and in front of the National Hotel
- Receive and act on TNS Police Department monthly report: May 2012
- Receive and act on Cameron Greenlee letter regarding request for Town sponsorship of the 2012 ConserFest
- Receive and act on letter from Block Island Early Learning Center re: special temporary permit allowing tethered balloon rides as a fund raising event.
- Deepwater Wind:
• Receive update on Block Island Wind Farm project and associated work
• Act on proposed Option Agreement incorporating Temporary and Permanent Easements with Deepwater Wind for cables etc., underground duct banks and manholes installation and temporary work area at the Town beach and north parking lot as more particularly described in the Exhibit B attached to the Option, and approval of Agreement regarding the placement of fiber optic cable for the benefit of the Town within the submarine cable to the mainland.
- Act on recommendations of Finance Director re:
• close Town Hall construction account;
• open Washington Trust Co. account for Old Harbor Task Force for restricted funds;
• resolution authorizing electronic wire initiation through Washington Trust;
• Quarterly Municipal Deficit Report (March 31, 2012);
• request to authorize over expenditures of certain appropriations, not exceeding adopted
• request to designate 2012 funds for use in 2013.
- Receive and act on recommendation of the Tax Collector re: Uncollectible 2002 taxes
- Solicit and receive comments regarding Island-wide Verizon DSL services, and develop a plan of appropriate action
10. Consider and act on requesting that the Electric Utility Task Force prepare a RFP for a municipal solar program (passive and photovoltaic
11. Receive and act on BI Land Trust letter re: BILT Rules and Regulations
12. Boards, Committees and Commissions: Announce current openings
13. Correspondence: Frederick Nelson re: Heinz Field fertilizer
14. Minutes: June 4, 2012
15. Report on litigation:
- Status of TNS vs. Filippi et al (WCSC 2004-0115) “Old Harbor Triangle”; (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
- Status of Waste Haulers BI LLC vs. Block Island Recycling Management, Inc, et als “Transfer Station Litigation” (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
- Status report on outstanding Zoning violation: Frederick Sullivan Plat 8, Lot 204
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555. Posted: June 15, 2012 MM