Public Notices July 15, 2017
The New Shoreham School Committee, at its meeting held on Monday, June 19, 2017, approved the posting of the following policies for the required 20-day period prior to adoption:
Policy GG: School Anti-Violence and Weapons
Policy GJ-1: Managing Suspected Opioid Overdose
Policy GK-1: LGBQT
Copies are available for community perusal during normal business hours at the Island Free Library, the Block Island School, and on the school’s web site (blockislandschool.net).
Free buildings per town demolition ordinance
Farm house, Barn and all outbuildings are available
Must be removed from the property no later than August 5, 2017. Location Champlin Farm plat 19 lot 51-1
If interested please contact Jerry Kirby @401-848-0150
or Bill Murphy @401-641-8367
Thomas and Cynthia Palermo. Assessors Plat 5, Lot 76-3. Application for a Zoning Modification to construct a four foot six-inch by six foot (4’6” x 6’) shed addition onto an existing Single Family Dwelling. The proposed addition will be located forty-two (42’) feet from the eastern property line of Lot 76-3. A fifty foot (50’) rear yard setback is required in the RB Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners by 28 July 2017 the Zoning Modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
of hearings on an applications and appeals
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 6:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following Applications/appeals under the Zoning Ordinances:
• Island Enterprises, Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(B)(4), 309(E), 401 and 703 regarding outdoor dining at the Barn restaurant.
• LL Block House LLC. Plat 4, Lot 70. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(B)(1) and 113(C)(1) for construction of an addition to the single family dwelling (cottage) . The application includes construction of an accessory structure.
• Island Marine Corp. Plat 5 Lot 66. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 312, Section 401, and Section 408 and a Variance from Section 408 (2), and Section 502 (A)(6) for addition of second floor to an existing cottage for employee housing.
• The Dorothy S. McCluskey Personal Residence Trust. Plat 19, Lot15. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 306(E) and 406 for construction of a connector structure between the existing single family dwelling and the existing accessory dwelling.
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, July 17,2017
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project, etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of June 19, 2017 Minutes
• Caroline Todd. Plat 6 Lot 121. Application to construct a 16’ x 24’ retail building.
• Carole Payne. Plat 5, Lot 104. Application to use an A Frame sign for Payne’s Killer Donut food truck.
• Carole Payne. Plat 5, Lot 104. Application to use an A Frame sign for Block Island Fish Works.
• Carole Payne. Plat 5, Lot 104. Application to use an A Frame sign for Fort Island Paddlesports.
• Bridge Gate Square, LLC. Plat 6 Lot 134. Application for double sided free standing sign for Block Island Pizza Pie Co.
F. Advisory: Advisory to the Planning Board about proposed solar project at the Block Island School. G. Discussion: Discuss sign violations and update on enforcement of Section 504.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 posted KSC 07/12/2017