Public Notices - July 14, 2012
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
- Police Chief Carlone report on July 4th celebration week
- Receive and act on NSPD monthly report: June
- Act on Finance Director recommendation re: Quarterly Municipal Deficit Report (June 30, 2012)
- Review and act on renewal and proposed changes to the Moped Settlement Agreement
- Receive report and update from Wastewater Management Official on OWTS repair on Plat 8 lot 109 (J.T. Pinney)
- Act on Town Manager recommendation re: contract for IT services
- Review and act on proposed Town of New Shoreham energy conservation projects through Washington County Regional Planning Council “ESCO” program
- Set public hearing date for proposed ordinance changes re: electronic game and game room regulations
- Boards, Committees and Commissions: Announce current openings
10. Minutes: December 21, 2011, June 20, 2012 (open and closed), July 2, 2012
11. Correspondence: RI CRMC public notice re: File # 2012-06-020 (.25 acre aquaculture lease application by Sun Farm Oysters)
12. Receive and act on report of Solicitor Report regarding litigation:
- TNS vs. Filippi et al (WCSC 2004-0115) “Old Harbor Triangle”; (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
- Waste Haulers BI LLC vs. Block Island Recycling Management, Inc, et als “Transfer Station Litigation” (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigations.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555.
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, July 16, 2012
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes
D. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
John S. Cusick. Plat 6, Lot 121. Application by North Atlantic Builders for construction of garage/apartment.
E. New Business
1. Review and Act on Sign Application Form.
2. Establish Solar Panel Guidelines.
3. Discuss and act on Preserving the Architectural Heritage of Block Island document.
F. Secretary’s Report
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 07/11/2012 tlc
ZONING MODIFICATION REQUEST
Full Moon LLC. Plat 17, Lot 51. Zoning Modification request is to construct an inground pool, pool patio and wood deck portions of which will be located thirty seven feet six inches (37’6”) from the western property line and eighteen feet nine inches (18’9”) from the northern property line of Lot 51. A fifty (50’) foot and twenty five (25’) foot setback, respectively, are required from the front yard and side yard setbacks in the residential B (RB) Zoning District. If no written objections are received from directly abutting property owners within thirty (30) days the modification will be granted.
Marc A. Tillson
Town of New Shoreham
FEMA and the Town of New Shoreham are updating our communities flood maps with the ultimate goal of protecting the community and its citizens from flood related losses.
FEMA develops our communities new National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Maps as floodplains are constantly changing due to construction and environmental changes such as rain, wind, poor drainage and wave action. This information is provided to communities in the form of Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) for the communities to use, better identify, assess, communicate about and mitigate flood risk. FIRMs are used by insurance agents and lenders to determine where flood insurance must be purchased and how much that insurance will cost property owners.
The new flood maps will provide updated information about flood risk that will allow homeowners to make more informed decisions about protecting their home. Property owners may find that their flood risk has increased, decreased or stayed the same since the last time the Town adopted the Flood Maps.
The Town and FEMA encourage citizens to review the proposed FIRMs to learn about their flood risk and identify any questions they have with the information provided. If you own property on the western shoreline of the Island, in particular from Grace’s Cove Road north, Champlin Road (Coast Guard Road) to the North Light House and along the shoreline of the Great Salt Pond, you are located in areas of proposed velocity zone increase which may affect your flood insurance rates. After reviewing the proposed FIRMs, there are two ways citizens can provide feedback on the FIRMs (1) submit comments or (2) make an appeal.
The proposed FIRMs are available for review at Town Hall in the Building Department weekdays 8am to 3pm. If you have any questions after reviewing the FIRMs please contact Marc Tillson, local Floodplain Coordinator @466-3206 or 466-3216.