Public Notices - January 6, 2012
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
4:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 4:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
1. Rose, Robert and Judith and Rose Farm Rentals, Inc. Plat 8, Lots 98, 106, 257, 260, 261, 262. Request for a mylar to be signed off as subdivision is not required.
2. Frank C. Payne, Jr. Trust. Plat 7, Lots 153, 154 and 155. Application by Cathy Payne for an Administrative Subdivision of property on High Street.
3. Payne’s Harbor View Inn. Plat 5, Lot 111. Modification to a previously approved Development Plan Review application. Set Public Hearing date and consider waiver requests.
4. Phillips, Edward, Sr. Plat 8, Lots 13-1 and 13-2. Pre-application for an Administrative Subdivision of properties on Cat Rock Road. For discussion purposes only.
5. Block Island Power Company Inc. and the Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lots 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Public Hearing for Application by Block Island Transmission, LLC for Deepwater Wind for Development Plan Review for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property.
6. Block Island Power Company Inc. and the Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lots 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an Application by Block Island Transmission, LLC for Deepwater Wind for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property.
7. .Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-3. Advisory to the Zoning Board for an Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
8. Orlando Capital Enterprises, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-5. Advisory to the Zoning Board for an Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
9. Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-6. Advisory to the Zoning Board for an Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
10. Review previously approved project Plat 6, Lot 90 Old Harbor Meadows.(BIED)
11. Election of Officers
12. Discussion; Planning Projects for 2012
13. Approval of Minutes
14. Review of the draft Block Island Energy Plan.- Goals and Objectives
THE PLANNING BOARD’S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 10:30 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 jbb 1/4/12
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, January 9, 2012, 2:45 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
2:45 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Award Stewardship Bids for 2012
b. Fresh Pond Management update
c. Ball-O’Brien bathrooms update
d. Heinz Field Management Plan
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. Secretary’s Report
5. Approval of Minutes: December 12, 2011 (open and closed)
6. 3:30 PM (approximate time) – Closed Session: Litigation & Acquisitions
7. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, February 13, 2012
This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RI GL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P. and Champlin’s Partnership Inquiry), RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time), and RIGL 42-46-5(1) (personnel).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: January 4, 2012
of hearings on applications for Development Plan Review.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session at the Town Hall on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 4:00 P.M. for its regular monthly meeting. All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following application:
1. Block Island Power Company Inc. and the Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lots 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Public Hearing for an Application by Block Island Transmission, LLC for Deepwater Wind for Development Plan Review for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property.
BLOCK ISLAND LAND TRUST
Invitation to Bid
The Block Island Land Trust is soliciting bids for regular maintenance of its properties. Bids will be solicited only once per year. All bids must be submitted on the required BID PROPOSAL form. Only one copy of the form is required. Bid packets, including proposal form and specifications, and maps (if needed) are available upon request from the Block Island Land Trust. Please contact Heidi Tarbox at 860-468-0145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bids will be received by the Block Island Land Trust until 11:30 a.m. local time on Monday, January 9, 2012. Bids will be opened and read aloud at the January 9, 2012 Land Trust meeting at 2:45 p.m. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island. Bids may be awarded at that time. The Land Trust reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
Insurance: Mowing contractors are required to carry liability insurance consistent with Town of New Shoreham requirements. Proof of this insurance must be supplied to the Land Trust with bid.
Mowing: Fresh Pond*; Turnip Farm; K&H Property; Nevas Lot.
Wall Clearing: Fresh Pond; Ocean View.
Hand Clearing: DuPont Cartway Trail.
*Please note: There is an additional new mowing area at Fresh Pond this year.
Please contact Heidi Tarbox for your bid packet: email@example.com.
Notice of Public Hearing
(formatting may be lost in web translation, please see Block Island Times for corrected version)
Proposed Amendment to New Shoreham General Ordinances Chapter 9
And New Shoreham Harbor Management Plan
The New Shoreham Town Council will meet Wednesday, January 18, 2012 to consider amendments to New Shoreham’s General Ordinances and New Shoreham’s Harbor Management Plan. Proposed deletions are stricken (like this) and proposed additions appear underlined (like this).
The language in Sec. 9-94 appears in the Harbor Management Plan and also in New Shoreham’s General Ordinances Chapter 9 Marine Activities Areas and Structures, Article III Harbor, Division 4 Regulations The proposed amendment would change both to read:
Sec. 9-94. Anchorage and Mooring Prohibited
To prevent contamination and/or pollution of shellfish, for the health and protection of the public, and to provide space for water-dependent recreational activities, no vessel of any size having sleeping and living accommodations aboard with or without toilet facilities, shall moor or anchor within the northerly portion of the Great Salt Pond extending East to West, 41.11-36.0 N, 71.34-28.3 W, 41.11-41.6 N, 71.35-18.4 W. From the old marine railway to the end of the Coast Guard dock. easterly from between Cormorant Point and Harris Point, in the most protective situation, and the Old Marine Railway to the Coast Guard Cupola as a minimum. Anchorage is prohibited in mooring areas designated as no anchorage areas. Anchoring prohibited West of the main channel, 41.11-41.6 N, 71.35-18.4 W (Coast Guard Dock), 41.11-10.7 N, 71.34 – 41.3 W (adjacent of Nun 14), 41.10-85.5 N, 71.34-31.5 W (end of Payne’s dock). Anchoring prohibited in Mooring Field A located East of channel. The Harbormaster or Assistants may permit the temporary anchoring or mooring by a vessel in emergency situations or adverse weather conditions.
The changes below are only in the Harbor Management Plan which would be amended as follows:
Boundary Descriptions of Regulated Mooring Fields
All mooring fields are administered the Town of New Shoreham. There are currently 290 combined moorings in Fields A, B, C, D, F, G, H, I, and J. Mooring Field E currently has 90 rental mooring. There are no commercial moorings or mooring fields.
Beginning at a point, identified as point 1 of the plan entitled Plan of Mooring Fields on Great Salt Pond prepared by the Town of New Shoreham Geographic Information System Administrators, Carol Baker and Martha Roldan, 2004 (created using BIGIS mapping system), said point being the intersection of the line connecting the most northerly point of Cormorant Point and Harris Point, and the east boundary of the navigation channel. The boundary then runs in a general easterly direction to point 2, said point being 50 feet west of the most western point of Harris point. The boundary then follows a line south-southeasterly to a point 50 feet from shore (Mean High Water), identified as point 4 on the attached plan, and continues along the shore in a general southerly direction, 50 feet from shore (Mean High Water) to a point (point 5 on the attached plan) at the easterly edge of the entrance channel to Trim’s Pond and the “Hogpen”. The boundary then runs northwesterly along the east side of the navigation channel to a point 50 feet east of Can Buoy #13, identified as point 3 on the attached plan ( the coordinates of point 3 will vary with the position of can buoy #13). The boundary then continues northwesterly along the eastern edge of the navigation channel to point 1 being the place and point of beginning. (79 acres)
Positions in deg-min-sec Latitude Longitude
1. NW Corner 41.11-21.2 N 71.34-45.0 W
2. NE Corner 41.11-25.1 N 71.34-34.9 W
3. East Corner 41.11-09.5 N 71.34-22.3 W
4. SE Corner 41.10-57.0 N 71.34-21.8 W
5. SW Corner 41.10-54.9 N 71.34-23.7W
Field B (et cetera)
Maps entitled “Defined Mooring Field Map” and “Corner Points for Defined Fields” would be replaced entirely by a new map that was published in the Block Island Times December 31, 2011. The new map is available for review on the Town’s website new-shoreham.com and at Town Hall.
The Town Council will hold a public hearing on the foregoing amendments on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, at which time all persons for or against may be heard and the Town Council may act on this proposal and/or amendments hereto.
Attest: Town Clerk Fiona Fitzpatrick
Posted: December 28, 2011
Hearing: January 18, 2012