Public Notices - January 21, 2012
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, January 23, 2012
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of December 19, 2011
D. Sign Applications:
1. Helterline & Balser, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 12. Application by Mary Jane Balser of Block Island Grocery to replace a sign.
E. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
1. Settlers Rock Realty L.L.C. Plat 6, Lot 155. Application by Gabrielle Costanzo of Inn at Old Harbor to install an awning.
F. Preliminary Review
1. Block Island Power Company, Inc. and Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lot 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Application by Deepwater Wind Block Island, LLC and Deepwater Wind Block Island Transmission, LLC for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property.
G. Acceptance of Application for Plat 18, Lot 66 as a Historic District Zone and Schedule Public Hearing on the Application.
H. Tabled Items / Old Business
1. Review of violations.
2. Update on the Spring House Pump House.
3. Act on the Historic District Commission Property Application form.
I. New Business
1. Draft a sample resolution.
J. Secretary’s Report
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 01/12/2012 tlc
Not a legal posting: agenda be amended after press time
Electric Utilities Task Group
Friday, January 20, 2012
Town Hall, Old Town Road
1. Public Input
2. Approve minutes from meeting of 12/16/2011
3. Deepwater Update
4. Continue Discussion of Energy Forum
5. Distribution upgrade
6. Pace Federal Legislation
7. outline for Distributed Solar Energy Plan
Individuals requesting services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight
hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 1/11/2012
The Town of New Shoreham hereby requests sealed bid proposals for the following services:
BED & BREAKFAST ACCOMMODATIONS
BOILER/BURNER CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
BRUSHCUTTING & CHIPPING
CLEANING OF TOWN OFFICES/LIBRARY
CLEANING OF SEASONAL FACILITIES
HAULING OF MATERIALS
MOWING & TRIMMING -ISLAND CEMETERY
MOWING & TRIMMING - TOWN PROPERTIES
SNOW REMOVAL ON STATE & TOWN ROADS
TRASH REMOVAL AND TIPPY CANS
Information is available on the above bids by calling the Town Manager’s Office @ (401) 466-3210 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or email email@example.com or through the Town’s website at www.new-shoreham.com. Submit proposals in an envelope clearly marked with one of the above “services” and the bidder’s name should also appear on the outside of the envelope. Bids will be received in the Town Manager’s Office, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI until 10:00 a.m. local time on Friday, February 3, 2012 and then shall be opened and read aloud.
If forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another outer envelope addressed to: Nancy O. Dodge, Town Manager, PO Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807.
The Town Manager reserves the right to reject any and all bids or any part thereof and to waive any informalities.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening. TTY: 711
January 13, 2012 Posted: Town Manager, New Shoreham, RI
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Morrissey, J and B. Plat 7, Lot 73-1. Appeal by Herman Hassinger regarding the failure to issue a decision by the Historic District Commission.
2. Mott, Eleanor and Mott, Peter. Plat 5, Lots 69-4 & 69-5. Appeal by Peter Mott of a Notice of Violation dated December 1, 2011 regarding the automotive repair business.
3. Geer Trust, Robert Geer, Trustee. Plat 7, Lot 137. Application for a Variance from 307(C) for construction of a shed.
4. Block Island Power Company Inc. and the Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lots 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Application by Block Island Transmission, LLC for Deepwater Wind for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property.
5. Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-3. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
6. Orlando Capital Enterprises, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-5. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
7. Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-6. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.