Public Notices - January 12, 2012
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
- Board of License Commissioners Public Hearing: Reconsideration of Stipulations on Beverage (Liquor) License held by Club Soda, Inc., Connecticut Ave., Block Island
- Public Hearing on proposed amendments to:
• The Harbor Management Plan: Section 9-94 Anchorage and Moorings Prohibited,
Boundary Description of Regulated Mooring Field A, Mooring Field Coordinates, and;
• TNS General Ordinances: Section 9-94 Anchorage and Moorings Prohibited
- Receive and act on planning and demolition update from Scenic Block Island re: Spring House Pump House
- Receive and act on New Shoreham Police Dept. monthly report: December 2011
- Receive and act on Annual Report from the Dept. of Building Inspection and Office of Building Official
- Receive and act on memo from Conservation Commission chair, Ned Phillips
- Act on application to the Zoning Board of Review re: restroom facility and parking at Ball-O’Brien Park
- Receive and act on Town Manager report re: deauthorization and status of the “red” breakwater in the Old Harbor
- Consider and act on Town Council resolution re: Proposed change to RIGL 12-3-3 (increase fine that may be imposed by the New Shoreham Warden’s Court)
10. Set public hearing date for proposed amendments to: TNS General Ordinances Chapter 19, Utilities, Article VII Wastewater Management
11. Boards, Committees and Commissions: Announce openings
12. Approval/Submittal of Quarterly Municipal Deficit Report
13. Review Budget Timetable for FY13, and Town Council upcoming meeting schedule
15. Review and act on revised Settlement agreement re: TNS v. Filippi et al (WCSC 2004-0115) “Old Harbor Triangle”; (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
16. Update on status of transfer station litigation (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555. Posted
Not a legal posting: agenda be amended after press time
Electric Utilities Task Group
Friday, January 20, 2012
Town Hall, Old Town Road
1. Public Input
2. Approve minutes from meeting of 12/16/2011
3. Deepwater Update
4. Continue Discussion of Energy Forum
5. Distribution upgrade
6. Pace Federal Legislation
7. outline for Distributed Solar Energy Plan
Individuals requesting services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight
hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 1/11/2012
The Town of New Shoreham hereby requests sealed bid proposals for the following services:
BED & BREAKFAST ACCOMMODATIONS
BOILER/BURNER CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
BRUSHCUTTING & CHIPPING
CLEANING OF TOWN OFFICES/LIBRARY
CLEANING OF SEASONAL FACILITIES
HAULING OF MATERIALS
MOWING & TRIMMING -ISLAND CEMETERY
MOWING & TRIMMING - TOWN PROPERTIES
SNOW REMOVAL ON STATE & TOWN ROADS
TRASH REMOVAL AND TIPPY CANS
Information is available on the above bids by calling the Town Manager’s Office @ (401) 466-3210 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Town’s website at www.new-shoreham.com. Submit proposals in an envelope clearly marked with one of the above “services” and the bidder’s name should also appear on the outside of the envelope. Bids will be received in the Town Manager’s Office, #16 Old Town Road, Block Island, RI until 10:00 a.m. local time on Friday, February 3, 2012 and then shall be opened and read aloud.
If forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another outer envelope addressed to: Nancy O. Dodge, Town Manager, PO Box 220, Block Island, RI 02807.
The Town Manager reserves the right to reject any and all bids or any part thereof and to waive any informalities.
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must notify the Town Clerk (401-466-3200) three (3) business days prior to the Bid opening. TTY: 711
January 13, 2012 Posted: Town Manager, New Shoreham, RI
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Morrissey, J and B. Plat 7, Lot 73-1. Appeal by Herman Hassinger regarding the failure to issue a decision by the Historic District Commission.
2. Mott, Eleanor and Mott, Peter. Plat 5, Lots 69-4 & 69-5. Appeal by Peter Mott of a Notice of Violation dated December 1, 2011 regarding the automotive repair business.
3. Geer Trust, Robert Geer, Trustee. Plat 7, Lot 137. Application for a Variance from 307(C) for construction of a shed.
4. Block Island Power Company Inc. and the Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lots 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Application by Block Island Transmission, LLC for Deepwater Wind for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property.
5. Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-3. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
6. Orlando Capital Enterprises, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-5. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
7. Long Boat Key Tavern, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 5-6. Application for a Special Use Permit under Section 506(G)(2) to build a four bedroom single family dwelling and a denitrification OWTS.
Reconsideration of Stipulations on Beverage (Liquor) License
Notice is hereby given, that the New Shoreham Board of License Commissioners will reconsider the stipulations attached to the Class BV beverage license granted to:
• Club Soda, Inc., Stockholders: Maxon G. Balmforth, Jr. & Glenn C. McKiernan, d/b/a Club Soda, Connecticut Avenue, Plat 17, Lot 7-2
Before acting on the foregoing, the Board of License Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall, Old Town Road, at which time remonstrants are entitled to be heard before the granting of said licenses.
Attest: Millicent A McGinnes, CMC
Deputy Town Clerk
New Shoreham Board of License Commissioners
NOTICE: To all persons who are decedents or heirs of Edmund
D. Sprague, deceased, and any other persons who claim title to or
interest in land commonly identified as Assessor's Plat 14, Lots 61 - 62 or Assessor's Plat 15, Lots 15-16 in said New Shoreham and any and all appurtenances thereto shall
answer to the Superior Court of Washington County in C.A. No. WC 10-0801 at 4800 Tower Hill Road, Wakefield, Rhode Island02879.
The family of Harold W. Hyland. Sr. being Harold W. Hyland, Jr., Rosalind Hyland and John I. Hyland claim that they have all right, title and interest and have used, occupied, paid taxes and acted adversely against the interest of any persons who may have an
interest in these premises.
If you claim an interest in said property, you must file your response to the Superior Court at the address shown above within twenty days of the publishing of this notice and serve a copy of your response by regular mail on Alden C. Harrington, Esq.,
Boyajian, Harrington & Richardson, attorneys for the Hylands at 182 Waterman St., Providence, Rhode Island 02906.
BLOCK ISLAND LAND TRUST
Invitation to Bid
The Block Island Land Trust is soliciting bids for regular maintenance of its properties. Bids will be solicited only once per year. All bids must be submitted on the required BID PROPOSAL form. Only one copy of the form is required. Bid packets, including proposal form and specifications, and maps (if needed) are available upon request from the Block Island Land Trust. Please contact Heidi Tarbox at 860-468-0145 or email@example.com.
Bids will be received by the Block Island Land Trust until 11:30 a.m. local time on Monday, January 9, 2012. Bids will be opened and read aloud at the January 9, 2012 Land Trust meeting at 2:45 p.m. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island. Bids may be awarded at that time. The Land Trust reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
Insurance: Mowing contractors are required to carry liability insurance consistent with Town of New Shoreham requirements. Proof of this insurance must be supplied to the Land Trust with bid.
Properties: Mowing: Fresh Pond*; Turnip Farm; K&H Property; Nevas Lot.
Wall Clearing: Fresh Pond; Ocean View.
Hand Clearing: DuPont Cartway Trail.
*Please note: There is an additional new mowing area at Fresh Pond this year.
Please contact Heidi Tarbox for your bid packet: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Public Hearing
Proposed Amendment to New Shoreham General Ordinances Chapter 9
And New Shoreham Harbor Management Plan
The New Shoreham Town Council will meet Wednesday, January 18, 2012 to consider amendments to New Shoreham’s General Ordinances and New Shoreham’s Harbor Management Plan. Proposed deletions are stricken (like this) and proposed additions appear underlined (like this).
The language in Sec. 9-94 appears in the Harbor Management Plan and also in New Shoreham’s General Ordinances Chapter 9 Marine Activities Areas and Structures, Article III Harbor, Division 4 Regulations The proposed amendment would change both to read:
Sec. 9-94. Anchorage and Mooring Prohibited
To prevent contamination and/or pollution of shellfish, for the health and protection of the public, and to provide space for water-dependent recreational activities, no vessel of any size having sleeping and living accommodations aboard with or without toilet facilities, shall moor or anchor within the northerly portion of the Great Salt Pond extending East to West, 41.11-36.0 N, 71.34-28.3 W, 41.11-41.6 N, 71.35-18.4 W. From the old marine railway to the end of the Coast Guard dock. easterly from between Cormorant Point and Harris Point, in the most protective situation, and the Old Marine Railway to the Coast Guard Cupola as a minimum. Anchorage is prohibited in mooring areas designated as no anchorage areas. Anchoring prohibited West of the main channel, 41.11-41.6 N, 71.35-18.4 W (Coast Guard Dock), 41.11-10.7 N, 71.34 – 41.3 W (adjacent of Nun 14), 41.10-85.5 N, 71.34-31.5 W (end of Payne’s dock). Anchoring prohibited in Mooring Field A located East of channel. The Harbormaster or Assistants may permit the temporary anchoring or mooring by a vessel in emergency situations or adverse weather conditions.
The changes below are only in the Harbor Management Plan which would be amended as follows:
Boundary Descriptions of Regulated Mooring Fields
All mooring fields are administered the Town of New Shoreham. There are currently 290 combined moorings in Fields A, B, C, D, F, G, H, I, and J. Mooring Field E currently has 90 rental mooring. There are no commercial moorings or mooring fields.
Beginning at a point, identified as point 1 of the plan entitled Plan of Mooring Fields on Great Salt Pond prepared by the Town of New Shoreham Geographic Information System Administrators, Carol Baker and Martha Roldan, 2004 (created using BIGIS mapping system), said point being the intersection of the line connecting the most northerly point of Cormorant Point and Harris Point, and the east boundary of the navigation channel. The boundary then runs in a general easterly direction to point 2, said point being 50 feet west of the most western point of Harris point. The boundary then follows a line south-southeasterly to a point 50 feet from shore (Mean High Water), identified as point 4 on the attached plan, and continues along the shore in a general southerly direction, 50 feet from shore (Mean High Water) to a point (point 5 on the attached plan) at the easterly edge of the entrance channel to Trim's Pond and the "Hogpen". The boundary then runs northwesterly along the east side of the navigation channel to a point 50 feet east of Can Buoy #13, identified as point 3 on the attached plan ( the coordinates of point 3 will vary with the position of can buoy #13). The boundary then continues northwesterly along the eastern edge of the navigation channel to point 1 being the place and point of beginning. (79 acres)
Positions in deg-min-sec Latitude Longitude
1. NW Corner 41.11-21.2 N 71.34-45.0 W
2. NE Corner 41.11-25.1 N 71.34-34.9 W
3. East Corner 41.11-09.5 N 71.34-22.3 W
4. SE Corner 41.10-57.0 N 71.34-21.8 W
5. SW Corner 41.10-54.9 N 71.34-23.7W
Field B (et cetera)
Town Mooring Field Coordinates
(the five new mooring field coordinates below would be added)
Point Number SPF-X SPF-Y Lat-OMS Long-OMS
1(NW) 478209.508 38590.537 713445.0000 411121.2000
2 (NE) 478982.079 38984.564 713434.9000 411125.1000
3 (E) 479944.110 37404.873 713422.3000 411109.5000
4 (SE) 479981.326 36190.330 713421.8000 411057.0000
5 (SW) 479835.820 53927.308 713423.7000 411054.9000
Maps entitled “Defined Mooring Field Map” and “Corner Points for Defined Fields” would be replaced entirely by a new map that was published in the Block Island Times December 31, 2011. The new map is available for review on the Town’s website new-shoreham.com and at Town Hall.
The Town Council will hold a public hearing on the foregoing amendments on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, at which time all persons for or against may be heard and the Town Council may act on this proposal and/or amendments hereto.
Attest: Town Clerk Fiona Fitzpatrick
Posted: December 28, 2011
Hearing: January 18, 2012