Public Notices - April 7, 2012
New Shoreham Town Council
Budget Sessions 2012
Town Hall, Old Town Road
Members of the public welcome and encouraged to attend.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 7:00
Budget work session
Monday, April 16, 2012 at 7:00
Budget Public Hearing and budget adoption
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: April 5, 2012
New Shoreham Board of Canvassers Meeting
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
1. Participate in statewide “Mock Election” for April 24, 2012 Presidential Preference Primary
2. Conduct the final canvass and correct list of qualified voters for May 7, 2012 Financial Town Meeting
3. Planning Session for upcoming elections
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: April 4, 2012
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Morrissey, J and B. Plat 7, Lot 73-1. Appeal by Herman Hassinger regarding the failure to issue a decision by the Historic District Commission.
2. Berube Enterprises, Inc. Plat 17, Lot 7-2 Appeal by Club Soda, Inc. of a Notice of Violation regarding the installation of a fitness center on the subject property.
3. BIEP, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 10. Appeal by Peckham, Inc, Nat Gaffett and Lewis Gaffett of a Notice of Violation regarding the denial of a building permit to install a pub or barroom on the subject property.
4. Payne, Frank C. Trust. Plat 7, Lot 153, 154 & 155. Application for a Variance from Section 307 (C) to move a lot line to allow for a garage on Lot 154.
5. Phillips, Jr. Edward and Anderson, Mary. Plat 15 Lot 8. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(C) and 306 (C) for construction of an addition onto an existing single family dwelling.
6. Dolphin, Kip and Donna. Plat 11, Lot 58. Application for a Variance from Sections 306(C) and 706 to remove an existing single family dwelling and construct a new single family dwelling.
7. Boston, David and Diane. Plat 19, Lot 35. Application for a Variance from Section 306(C) for construction of a shed.
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
4:00 P.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 4:00 P.M. at the Town Hall, Old Town Road.
1. New Shoreham Energy Plan – PUBLIC HEARING to consider amending the New Shoreham Comprehensive Plan to add an Energy Component. The proposed plan may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising, as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the hearing.
2. Town of New Shoreham and Lee, James and Elizabeth. Plat 14 Lot 39. Application for an Administrative Subdivision for property on Cooneymus Road.
3. Payne’s Harbor View Inn. Plat 5, Lot 111. Request for reconsideration of the pending decision for an Application for a Modification to a previously approved Development Plan Review application.
4. Block Island Power Company Inc. and the Estate of Marjorie McGinnes. Plat 17, Lots 35, 36, 37, 38 and 40. Public Hearing for Application by Block Island Transmission, LLC for Deepwater Wind for Development Plan Review for construction of a substation on the BIPCO property. Continued from the January meeting.
5. Closter, Robert. Plat 18, Lot 2-14. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an Application for a Special Use Permit from 405 (affordable housing) and for a Variance from Section 312 (C) for construction of an attached garage.
6. Town of New Shoreham. Plat 19, Lot 1. Application for Ball O’Brien Park for Development Plan Review of a Recreational Facility for construction of a picnic shelter and bathrooms construction property. Set Public Hearing date and consider waiver requests. Act on request for consolidation of proceedings.
7. Town of New Shoreham. Plat 19, Lot 1. Advisory to the Zoning Board of Review for an Application for Ball O’Brien Park for a Special Use Permit under 312 (E) and 410 Recreational Facility for construction of a picnic shelter and bathrooms.
8. Discussion: proposed state legislation on buildable lot area and density ("dry lands" bill)
9. Discussion regarding amendments to Zoning Ordinance Section 405 and other affordable housing sections.
10. Approval of Minutes
THE PLANNING BOARD'S POLICY IS TO ADJOURN AT 7:00 P.M. Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 JBB 4/4/12
Block Island Land Trust
Monday, April 9, 2012, 2:45 p.m.
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI
2:45 PM – Open Session:
1. Public Input
a. Loffredo signage request
b. Ball-O’Brien update
c. Fresh Pond mowing update
d. Spring House Pump House: Letters from Ad Hoc group
e. Heinz: Request from Town Council for fertilizer funds
3. Approve Revisions to Rules and Regulations
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Secretary’s Report
6. Approval of Minutes: March 5, 2012 (open and closed)
7. 3:15 PM (approximate time) – Closed Session: Litigation & Acquisitions*
8. Motion(s) as a result of closed session discussion
Next Meeting: Monday, May 14, 2012
This item will be held in Closed Session pursuant to RI GL 42-46-5(2) (litigation: updates for Champlin’s Marina Expansion –RI Supreme Court Case #2009-113,114,115-M.P. and Champlin’s Partnership Inquiry), and RIGL 42-46-5(5) (acquisitions: confidential at this time).
Those requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200
48 hours prior to meeting date. TTY: 711.
Posted: April 4, 2012
Ocean Avenue (Tax Assessor’s Plat 6, Lot 5 and Lot 6)
New Shoreham, Rhode Island.
The premises described in the mortgage will be sold subject to all encumbrances and prior liens on March 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm on the premises, by virtue of the power of sale in said mortgage made and executed by Nicholas A. dePetrillo on August 24, 2005 and recorded in Volume 347 at Page 66 of the Land Evidence Records of the Town of New Shoreham and amended by that certain Amended Mortgage Deed made and executed by said Nicholas A. dePetrillo on January 14, 2011 and recorded in Volume 429 at Page 7 of said Land Evidence Records, the conditions of said mortgage having been broken.
Terms of sale: Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) down payment in cash, certified or bank check at the time and place of sale; other terms to be announced at the sale. By order of the holder of the mortgage who gives notice of his intention to bid at said sale or any postponement or adjournment thereof. The public foreclosure auction scheduled for March 29, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. on the premises has been postponed to April 20, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. on the premises.
James F. Hyman, Esquire,
Attorney for the Holder of the Mortgage,
11 Memorial Boulevard
Newport, Rhode Island 02840
All dog license expire May 1, 2012. New Dog Licenses will be available at the Town Hall beginning Monday, April 2, 2012. Proof of current rabies vaccination must be provided before a license can be issued. The fee for each license is $6.00.
Dog Licenses will also be available during the annual rabies clinic at the Police Station on Thursday, April 5th from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
New Shoreham Planning Board Public Hearing
Proposal to Amend the New Shoreham
Comprehensive Plan – Energy Component
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
The New Shoreham Planning Board is considering amending the New Shoreham Comprehensive Plan to add an Energy Component.
Before acting on the proposal and/or amendments to it, the Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing at 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at Town Hall, Old Town Road, New Shoreham at which time all persons for or against may be heard. The proposed plan may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising, as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the hearing. The Energy Component of the New Shoreham Comprehensive Plan, Town of New Shoreham is available at Town Hall and the Island Free Library. For a copy, call 466-3205.
Posted: March 21, 2012
Hearing: April 11, 2012
Voter Registration Deadline for Financial Town Meeting
Financial Town Meeting will be Monday, May 7, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the Block Island School, High Street. In order to participate, you must be registered to vote in New Shoreham on or before Friday, April 6, 2012. You may register at the Town Clerk’s Office, Town Hall, Old Town Road, Monday through Friday 9:00 to 3:00, and until 4:00 p.m. on April 6, 2012. If you have questions, contact the Town Clerk’s: (401) 466-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted: 3.21.12/FF