Public Notices - April 28, 2012
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- Act on Loan Resolutions for USDA Loans/Grants
- Renovations to Sewer Plant ($219,000 loan/$213,780 grant)
- Water System Improvements ($123,000 loan/$100,630 grant)
- Act on J. Pfarr letter re: Surf Hotel and request for relief under New Shoreham Liquor License Rules and Regulations, Section II (E.) New License Applications, Relief
- Act on Motor Vehicle for Hire recommendations re: annual license and waiting list renewals, new license
- Boards, Committees and Commissions:
• Act on appointments: Senior Advisory Committee
• Announce current Board, Committee and Commission openings
- Act on TNS Planning Board letter re: setting a public hearing date for consideration of a Block Island Energy Plan component to the Comprehensive Plan
- Receive and act on C. Warfel letter re: TNS Wind Ordinance
- Receive update from TNS Police Chief Carlone re: summer public safety
- Discuss draft options for proposed changes to the TNS Ordinances Sec. 20-9 Containers of alcoholic beverages
- Minutes: March 1, 2012 open and closed
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: LANDSCAPING
The Block Island Housing Board is seeking sealed proposals for the installation of a landscape buffer, consisting of two planted rows of suitable vegetation totaling approximately 120 linear feet. Said work shall be located on Lots 42-2 and 42-3 on Assessor’s Plat 19.
Proposals will be received until 3:00PM on May 10, 2012, at the New Shoreham Town Hall. Correctly submitted proposals will be publicly opened and read aloud at 7:00PM on May 10,2012, at the New Shoreham Town Hall.
Single proposals for the entirety of the work will be accepted, and shall be plainly marked on the outside of the sealed envelope as:
-Jacke Project Landscape Buffer
All proposals shall be plainly marked on the outside of the sealed envelope with the bidder’s name, address, and telephone number or other contact information.
Specifications for the work may be obtained by contacting Bonny Ryan at the New Shoreham Town Clerk’s Office, 401-466-3200.