Public Notices - April 14, 2012
Not a legal posting: agenda may be amended after press time
New Shoreham Town Council Agenda
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
- Approve Warrant for Annual Financial Town Meeting
- Receive and act on TNS Police Department monthly report: March
- Act on request to approve and proceed with HDC application re: reconstruction of Spring House Pump house
- Act on request to waive RI Housing “debt to income ratio and credit criteria” on pending Clean Water loan application re: J H Tripler/543 Center Rd., B.I.
- Receive and act on Motor Vehicle for Hire Commission’s recommendation re: vacant taxi license
- Receive and act on John Kisseberth request to renewal of Hawkers & Peddlers license for H.J. Willy’s
- Receive and act on Adrian Pearce’s letter requesting permission to park his camper at Howarth residence, Southeast Rd., BI
- Boards, Committees and Commissions:
• Act on appointments: Harbors Committee, Sewer Commission, Water Board of Directors, Tree Warden
• Receive and act on Janet Merritt letter of resignation from the Senior Advisory Committee
• Announce current Board, Committee and Commission openings
- Consider and act on resolutions supporting/opposing pending legislation:
• S 2158, H 7272 & H 7863 re: Teacher Layoff notice deadline
• Governor’s Municipal Stability Package
• proposed Senate Resolution supporting Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) programs
• H 7867 re: temporary reduction of building permit fees by 50%
• S 2616 & H 7866 re: local planning authority on subdivision constraints “dry lands” bill.
10. Set hearing dates:
• Application to Amend TNS Zoning Map and Chapter 7 of the NS General Ordinances to add Plat 18, Lot 66 (off Beacon Hill) to the Historic District
• Wastewater Management N.O.V. regarding failure to replace OWTS at Plat 8, Lot 109 (J.T. Pinney)
• Proposed amendment to TNS Ordinances Section 9-140 Shellfish Licenses re: renewal date.
• Proposed amendment to TNS Ordinances re: Wardens Court fine increase
• Proposed amendment to TNS Ordinances re: no alcohol (in open or closed containers) on Town beaches
11. Correspondence: Cathy Payne notice of Zoning Board Public Hearing; BIPC. Re: net metering program information; Chris Warfel re: aquaculture/Harbor Management Plan
12. Minutes: April 4, 2012
13. Block Island Land Trust request to the Town Council to issue bonds for the Land Trust for land acquisition (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(5) for sessions pertaining to acquisition of property for public purposes)
14. Triangle and Transfer Station Litigation (this discussion may be held in closed session pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws §42-46-5(a)(2) for sessions pertaining to litigation or pending litigation)
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: (800) 745-5555. Posted
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday, April 16, 2012
Town Hall Meeting Room, Old Town Road.
A. Call to Order
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of Minutes of January 23, 2012, February 19, 2012 and March 19, 2012
D. Sign Applications:
1. Helterline and Balser, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 12. Application by Debra & Harrison Pearce of Harry’s to install existing and new signs.
2. BIEP, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 10. Application by Nat Gaffett to install new signs.
3. First Baptist Church. Plat 7, Lot 17. Application by Lewis J. Powers of Spring Street Gallery to install a new sign.
4. Settler’s Rock Realty. Plat 6, Lot 155. Application by Gabrielle & Julian Costanzo of Inn at Old Harbor to install a new sign.
E. Final Review – Certificate of Appropriateness:
1. Settlers Rock Realty L.L.C. Plat 6, Lot 155. Application by Gabrielle & Julian Costanzo of Inn at Old Harbor to install an awning.
2. First Baptist Church. Plat 7, Lot 17. Application by Edith Blane to elongate and replace a fence.
F. Secretary’s Report
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the Hearing Impaired must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 04/11/2012 tlc
New Shoreham Town Council
Budget Sessions 2012
Town Hall, Old Town Road
Members of the public welcome and encouraged to attend.
Monday, April 16, 2012 at 7:00
Budget Public Hearing and budget adoption
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: April 5, 2012
New Shoreham Board of Canvassers Meeting
Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
1. Participate in statewide “Mock Election” for April 24, 2012 Presidential Preference Primary
2. Conduct the final canvass and correct list of qualified voters for May 7, 2012 Financial Town Meeting
3. Planning Session for upcoming elections
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the hearing impaired must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711. Posted: April 4, 2012
of hearings on an applications for Variances, Special Use Permits an Appeals under the Zoning Ordinance.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, April 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following applications under the Zoning Ordinances:
1. Morrissey, J and B. Plat 7, Lot 73-1. Appeal by Herman Hassinger regarding the failure to issue a decision by the Historic District Commission.
2. Berube Enterprises, Inc. Plat 17, Lot 7-2 Appeal by Club Soda, Inc. of a Notice of Violation regarding the installation of a fitness center on the subject property.
3. BIEP, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 10. Appeal by Peckham, Inc, Nat Gaffett and Lewis Gaffett of a Notice of Violation regarding the denial of a building permit to install a pub or barroom on the subject property.
4. Payne, Frank C. Trust. Plat 7, Lot 153, 154 & 155. Application for a Variance from Section 307 (C) to move a lot line to allow for a garage on Lot 154.
5. Phillips, Jr. Edward and Anderson, Mary. Plat 15 Lot 8. Application for a Variance from Sections 113(C) and 306 (C) for construction of an addition onto an existing single family dwelling.
6. Dolphin, Kip and Donna. Plat 11, Lot 58. Application for a Variance from Sections 306(C) and 706 to remove an existing single family dwelling and construct a new single family dwelling.
7. Boston, David and Diane. Plat 19, Lot 35. Application for a Variance from Section 306(C) for construction of a shed.
Ocean Avenue (Tax Assessor’s Plat 6, Lot 5 and Lot 6)
New Shoreham, Rhode Island.
The premises described in the mortgage will be sold subject to all encumbrances and prior liens on March 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm on the premises, by virtue of the power of sale in said mortgage made and executed by Nicholas A. dePetrillo on August 24, 2005 and recorded in Volume 347 at Page 66 of the Land Evidence Records of the Town of New Shoreham and amended by that certain Amended Mortgage Deed made and executed by said Nicholas A. dePetrillo on January 14, 2011 and recorded in Volume 429 at Page 7 of said Land Evidence Records, the conditions of said mortgage having been broken.
Terms of sale: Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) down payment in cash, certified or bank check at the time and place of sale; other terms to be announced at the sale. By order of the holder of the mortgage who gives notice of his intention to bid at said sale or any postponement or adjournment thereof. The public foreclosure auction scheduled for March 29, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. on the premises has been postponed to April 20, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. on the premises.
James F. Hyman, Esquire,
Attorney for the Holder of the Mortgage,
11 Memorial Boulevard
Newport, Rhode Island 02840