Public Notice April 15, 2017
INVITATION TO BID
The New Shoreham Sewer District and New Shoreham Water District are seeking separate sealed bid proposals for:
Emergency Septage/Sewerage Pumping and Hauling
Sludge Container Service
Oil Burner/Water Heater Service
Routine and Emergency Roadwork
Specifications for each contract are available by calling the Sewer and Water District Office at (401)466-3231, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., or emailing email@example.com. Sealed bid proposals will be received in the Sewer and Water District Office located at 20 Spring St., Block Island, RI 02807 until 1:00 PM local time on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud. All bids are to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with one of the above noted proposals on the outside with the bidder’s name and address.
If forwarded by mail, the sealed envelope containing the Bid must be enclosed in another outer envelope addressed to: New Shoreham Water and Sewer Districts, at PO Box 774, Block Island, RI 02807.
The Sewer/Water Commission reserves the right to reject any and all bids deemed to be not in the best interest of the Sewer/Water Districts. The Sewer/Water Commissions reserves the right to reject any bid not submitted in accordance with the provisions set forth herein and may waive any informalities and all bids. Conditional bids will not be accepted. The Sewer/Water Commissions does not obligate itself to accept the lowest of any other bids.
BI Times: 4/7/17, 4/14/17
John Breunig, Water Superintendent
Individuals requesting services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. ALD (Assistive Listening Devices) are available for use by the public. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender and familial status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)
The New Shoreham Sewer and Water Districts are an equal opportunity provider and employer
of hearings on an applications and appeals
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of New Shoreham Zoning Board of Review will be in session at the Town Hall, Old Town Road on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 5:00 PM for a regular meeting.
All persons interested will be heard for or against the granting of the following Applications/appeals under the Zoning Ordinances:
• Island Enterprises, Inc. Plat 8, Lot 84-6. Appeal of correspondence from the Building Official dated June 6, 2016.
• Philip and Alicia Hammarskjold Trust. Plat 19, Lot 51-1. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 113(b)(4), 306(E), 406, and 514 for construction of a single family dwelling, second dwelling unit, garage with accessory residential structure and an accessory residential structure.
• The Dorothy S. McCluskey Personal Residence Trust. Plat 19, Lot15. Application for a Special Use Permit under Sections 306(E) and 406 for construction of a connector structure between the existing single family dwelling and the existing accessory dwelling.
• Best Location Block Island II, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 10. Application for a Variance under Article 3, Section 313(C) for the construction of a walk-in cooler with screening.
Historic District Commission Meeting
Monday April 17, 2017
Town Hall, Old Town Road
A. Call to Order
After presentations by the Applicant, members of the Public will be allowed 2 opportunities to speak on Agenda items. The Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has questions of the Applicant in an attempt to understand the project. After questions are closed, the Chair will ask if anyone from the Public has comments. Members of the Public will have up to 3 minutes per person to comment. Comments should be limited to the exterior design of the building and site. Comments will not be allowed as to the interior design or use of the project, etc. Thank you for participating.
B. Matters from the Public not on the Agenda
C. Approval of March 20, 2017 Minutes
• Block Island Maritime Institute. Plat 5 Lot 64. Application for sign for “Vitamin Sea”
• Block Island Maritime Institute. Plat 5 Lot 64. Application for A-Frame sign for “Island Fitness”
• Interstate Navigation. Plat 6 Lot 151. Application by the Block Island Tourism Council to install two free standing maps next to Welcome Center.
• Andiamo LLC, Plat 6 Lot 88. Application for 2 signs for Adrift Eco Boutique.
• Best Location Block Island II, LLC. Plat 5, Lot 10. Application for the installation of 2 mechanical hood vents for “Tigerfish”.
• Block Island Sales Corp. Plat 6, Lot 135. Application to replace awning and raise height to allow for additional ventilation, also adding a retractable portion.
• Island Marine Corp. Plat 5, Lot 66. Application for addition of second story to existing cottage to be used for staff housing.
• Dangelas, Bernice and Andrew. Plat 6 Lot 40. Application to remove asphalt sidewall and replace with white cedar shingles.
• Garden Lot LLC. Plat 7 Lot 33. Application for final review of window and door changes.
• William J Penn Revocable Living Trust. Plat 18, Lot 16. Application to install two new screen/storm doors on single family dwelling.
*Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 posted KSC 4/12/2017
Amendment to New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance
Section 202 (Definitions) and
Block Island Town Hall, Old Town Road
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 the New Shoreham Town Council will hold a public hearing to consider amendments to the New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance to add a new definition Physical Fitness Classes/Yoga Classes to Town of New Shoreham Zoning Ordinance Section 202 (Definitions) and to amend Zoning Article 3, Sections 309(D); 310 (D); 311(D); and 313(D), to define a new use, physical fitness classes/yoga classes, and to make it a permitted use in the RC/M, M, OHC, NC and SC zoning districts. The proposed ordinance may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising, as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of the hearing.
Section 202 - Definitions
(153) Physical Fitness Classes/Yoga Classes Physical fitness activities, led by an instructor, including but not limited to physical fitness classes and yoga classes.
Add to Article 3, §309(D); §310 (D); §311(D); and §313(D) the following language: Physical fitness Classes/Yoga Classes
Notice of Hearing Posted: April 11, 2017
Public Hearing: May 2, 2017
The Planning Board Meeting
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
11:30 A.M. @ Town Hall, Old Town Road
Block Island, RI 02807
The Town of New Shoreham Planning Board will be in session for a meeting on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 11:30AM at the Town Hall, Old Town Road, Block Island, RI.
Meeting with VHB regarding the Corn Neck Road Planning Study
Public Open House from11:30am to 1:30pm
• Brief Presentation by VHB to provide overview of the issues and the project
• Public input opportunities to ask questions, share thoughts and ideas
Individuals requesting interpreter services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY:711 Posted 4/12/17 jb
Not a legal posting: agenda be amended after press time
Block Island Power Company Transition Team
Monday April 17, 2017
Town Hall, Old Town Road
1. Public Input
2. Approve minutes of March 20, 2017
3. Legislation update.
4. BIPco update
5. Discuss and act on election planning.
Individuals requesting services for the deaf and hard of hearing must call (401) 466-3200 forty-eight hours in advance of the meeting date. TTY: 711 Posted: 4/12/2017